PSI is committed to providing a safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and ethical development of each child. All members of the PSI community must therefore act in the best interests of the children in our care.
This includes the following:
- Supporting each child’s development in ways that foster security, confidence and independence
- Providing an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, including feeling confident to approach adults if they are in difficulty
- Raising awareness of all adults and educating all children in the PSI community regarding the need to safeguard children, including their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse or neglect
- Providing a systematic means of monitoring and supporting children who may be at risk
- Maintaining a structured procedure for all members of the school community to report suspected abuse or neglect
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with other agencies responsible for the care of children and families
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteers at PSI who have access to children have been checked for suitability, including verification of their identity and qualifications
Our Child Protective Behaviours Handbook provides detailed protocols for the School, parents and students, to handle a range of issues related to child safety and security. We encourage you to read this manual in order to understand your role in protecting children at risk.
PSI Child Protection Statement
PSI Kyiv is committed to the safety and well-being of all children and young people in our care. We support the rights of the child and will act without hesitation to ensure a child-safe environment. We also support the rights and well-being of our staff and volunteers and encourage their active participation in building and maintaining a secure environment for all participants.