PSI provides a comprehensive bus service to transport its students to and from school each day.
The School's transport service is carried out with a high level of safety, reliability and quality.
The service is operated by PSI who contracts with local companies for high quality buses. The programme is coordinated by our school Bus Programme Coordinator, Lilia Gotvyanska.
Telephone: +38 050 356 65 36.
Each vehicle follows a daily route between PSI and a designated part of the city that it serves.
Students have one designated bus route and bus stop when they are collected each morning. Bus routes vary in the afternoon based on student participation in the After School Activities Programme.
Parents receive a map showing the bus route for their children in advance, marked with the designated bus stop. Each bus makes limited stops on its route so as to minimise the travelling time. Bus routes are planned out to ensure that students are not required to cross a main road or walk more than 300 metres to their stop. Travel time to and from school should not take longer than 50 minutes.
Morning bus time is a departure time.
Students are collected at times provided to each family by the Bus Programme Coordinator. Students should arrive in school by 8:15 a.m.
Bus departure times from school to return students home are:
15:15 – EC3, EC4, Primary and Secondary
16:15 – Primary and Secondary (after regular classes and After School Activities)
17:20 – Secondary After School Activities (ad hoc departure times will be implemented depending on when activities end)
There are also late buses provided for students participating in occasional events, e.g., sporting events that may extend beyond 18:00.
The safety of our students using the bus service is a priority and we ensure this through the following measures:
- Primary children and Grade 6 and 7 students must have written permission from parents to get off the bus without a parent meeting them.
- The vehicles receive regular safety and maintenance checks.
- All vehicles are fitted with seat belts for each child. For EC3 and EC4 students, US-sourced Safeguard seat restraints are fitted.
- Drivers are qualified and experienced and receive appropriate training.
- A bus monitor, who is an English-speaking school employee, accompanies each minibus. The capacity of the largest buses is 16 students.
- Both the driver and bus monitor in each vehicle are provided with mobile phones to stay in contact with the school and with parents. A parent contact list is provided to each bus monitor.
Bus Programme Coordinator