Secondary School - IB Diploma
Students in Grades 11 and 12 follow a two-year programme designed for those who seek to enter higher education in colleges and universities around the world. PSI holds the prestigious IB World School status, making us one of more than 3000 schools in 120 countries that offers the IB Diploma Programme (DP).
Universities Prefer IB Diploma Graduates
Many universities in the USA and UK prioritise their offers to IB Diploma graduates due to the rigorous academic nature of the programme. Dr Geoff Parks, Director of Admissions at Cambridge University confirms that '... because the IB Diploma differentiates better than the A-level, if we are hesitating about making an offer at all, we would be more likely to make an offer to an IB student than an A-level student.'
How We Support Outstanding Students
PSI supports students who gain some of the highest IB Diploma results in the world, by:
- Recruiting teachers from successful IB Diploma schools
- Providing on-going training to curriculum leaders and teachers through IB Diploma trainings, workshops and conferences
- Using a specialised research database to emphasise library integration, research and data-handling skills
- Tracking student progress, identifying students at risk and implementing one-to-one programmes as required
- Focusing on differentiation with curricular delivery, assessment, feedback and predicted grades
- Emphasising teaching to the curriculum, using exemplars and working with past papers
- PSI Graduate Class 2015 Success